Akebia 1 Clinical Research Study
To apply for this study or to find out more information, come into our main office or contact:
315 N San Saba, Suite 102
San Antonio, TX, 78207
Compensation provided for time & travel
If you are unsure if you meet the requirements, call us to schedule a screening and we will determine if you are eligible or ineligible for this study.
By meeting these qualifications, you can qualify for the study:
1. At least 18 years of age
2. Diagnosis of Chronic Kidney Disease with an estimated glomerular filtration rate (eGFR) < 60 mL/min/1.73 m2 using the 2009 Chronic Kidney Disease Collaboration (CKD-EPI) creatinine equation during Screening and not expected to start dialysis within 6 months of screening
3. Currently maintained on ESA therapy with the last dose received within 8 weeks prior to Screening
4. Mean Screening Hb between 8.0 and 11.0 g/dL (inclusive) in the US and between 9.0 and 12.0 g.dL (inclusive) outside of the US, as determined by the average of 2 Hb values measured by the central laboratory during Screening
5. Serum ferritin >100 ng/mL and TSAT >20% during Screening
6. Folate and vitamin B12 measurements > lower limit of normal (LLN) during Screening
7. Understands the procedures and requirements of the study and provides written informed consent and authorization for protected health information disclosure.
Again, if you are unsure if you or someone you know could qualify for this study, call us and we will be happy to schedule you a research screening.